Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Trio Of Turtles

If you know me, you know I like to walk. A lot. While walking our favorite country road recently my human walking partner, Patsy, and I noticed little turtlings flattened in the road. How sad. Those little guys never stood a chance. Like the creature loving people we are, we focused on the road looking for any signs of a living turtle. Voila! I found a live one! It's as small as a quarter but cute as a bug. We named her Turquoise. I carried her home in the front of my shirt. No cars crashed at the sight of my white abs.

Low and behold a few hundred yards down the road we came upon turtle # 2. This one went home with Patsy. He was a little bigger than Turquoise, maybe the size of a half dollar. A few days later Patsy's husband found teeny turtle number 3 on a walk to a different area. Some how they all ended up at my house today. We officially have a plethora of little turtles. Once I can get my camera to them I'll post a few nature shots for you. Any time we're around they play turtle and hide. I hope they make it long enough to live in our future pond!

Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment