Sunday, May 10, 2009

A craft that's not soap... Capri Sun Tote Bag


If you know me, you know I hate waste. Teagan has developed quite a taste for Capri Sun juice pouches, which leads to a LOT of tossed out pouches. Those little buggers aren't recyclable in the traditional sense. So what is an earth loving mother to do? The obvious answer is Google for a solution. Since Teags won't give up the juice, I had to find a use for the pouches. Tote bags. Yes tote bags.

This one took me about half of an hour to clean and dry, and an hour to sew. It was my second. The first one we made is one pouch wider than this. A total of 48 pouches. This one is 42 pouches.

Would you believe there's a whole cottage industry for these things? I found them for over $30 on eBay. Drink up my dear.

I got skills...
TTFN friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment