Sunday, May 10, 2009

New soapies!


I finally had a chance to soap this weekend. Come heck or high water I was going to make SOMETHING. Here you go:

Soap #1: Honey Cake. It has honey and beeswax along with some citrusy essential oils and calendula petals for happy skin. It smells heavenly. If you can imagine what warm smells like, then you have an idea of what this is like. How do you like the honeycomb relief on the edges? I'm thinking of making it with the design on the larger sides next time. Most of these bars are a little on the 'generous' side too. I need to figure out my cutter so more people can enjoy these little bits of happiness.

Soap #2: Swirly Shaving Soap. I found this recipe on a fellow soaper's blog from Spain. Hers was plain grey, so I tarted it up a little with swirls. A cute little 2x2x2 cube should make a nice 3 ounce or so soap I thought. Just in time for Father's day! Little did I know that my 2x2x2 is more like a 5 oz soap. It ought to last a good long while! It has loads of nice oils and Bentonite clay for a little extra slip for a nice close shave. I call the scent Pacific Mist. It's a little peppermint, spearmint, eucalyptus, rosemary and lavender. I was looking for something that would remind me of the beach and complement the blue swirls. Winner winner chicken dinner. It should be out of cure in about 4 or 5 weeks. I can't wait to share it.

TTFN,
A happy soaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment