Saturday, May 30, 2009

Like Ducks and Watermelon


Did you know that ducks and chickens go nuts for watermelon? Me neither! Linnie, Tuck and Ming Ming dove into the watermelon like they had been starved for such deliciousness their entire short lives.

I ended up tossing the entire melon to them. Imagine my surprise later that night when I found Ming Ming covered in dark red. It looked like duck carnage. After a quick dip into the pool the watermelon guts washed off leaving my pretty girl all yellow/white again. Can I tell you how much I've grown to love these little ducks. They turn their little duck heads to listen to my every word. Think they're just waiting for watermelon?

3 comments:

  1. I was just experimenting and happened to click on this post. I love the ducks and watermelon, actually, makes me hungry for watermelon. I could have gone the other,way, but I don't have a palate for duck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I know how to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I need to clean my screen.

    Thank goodness you don't care to eat duck. I've grown quite fond of them as pets.

    ReplyDelete