Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Time for a face lift

Well, when I was in the 'corporate world', I would make it a point to give my major applications an annual facelift. It kept things fresh and gave me and my team a chance to re-evaluate the application. Old habits die hard. It's time for me to take a serious look at giving this blog a face lift. I need to design new graphics.

Here's the goal: develop a new look that reflects not only my personality (the one that writes this :0) but also to coordinate with my upcoming business venture. More on that to come...

It seems that every business has a blog. Why be the exception? The name our 'samples' have been given under is Sweet Teagan's. Though I like the personal note of this name, I wonder if having my daughter so prominently named in my business is the best idea. When she's older will she resent it? At 4 1/2 she thinks it's kind of cool to have her name as the store name.

Bryan owns a domain name like Country Cupboard (or something like that). Is this too 'rustic'? I envision gingham... ick. Not really me.

The business venture is actually multi-faceted. On the obvious hand is the soap and related earth and skin friendly body products. Too easy. Another facet is the application documentation and education curriculum development. See, makes it harder, right? Don't forget about the application development itself. Something techy is in order. In essence I guess my business venture is a holding company with several subs. Tipping my hand too soon? Won't future posts be something to read...

So... here's what it comes down to... What is my business persona? (Don't start with cold, dark, tough or I'll have to hit you... :)) My task now is to put mouse to mouse pad and start designing something. Anything. The wheels always turn best when greased by composition at the keyboard.

Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment