Sunday, May 10, 2009

He's Using My Words Against Me!

If you know me, you know I am a hopeless optimist. Everyone gets a clean slate when I wake up so I'm not burdened with bad feelings. Simple, right?

Well, my other half, the yang to my yin, managed to strain his ankle somehow a few days ago. As he hobbled around cursing his bad luck, I casually dropped lines like, "Think Positive honey." This met with, "I'm positive I won't get to play golf at all this year."

Ooookaaayyy.

Big guns time. "Try the power of positive thinking... Believe you'll be happy and healthy and you will."

Grunt.

Here's where those words bit me. Yesterday, as I yanked weeds from around the patio flower bed cursing that I should give in to Monsanto's big business and use their evil Roundup and start over, he saunters over and says, "Think positive honey. It'll be wonderful when you're done. You just have to think positive." Jerk. :-)

Happy thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment