Friday, February 25, 2011

Where the wild things are. (In my barn of course)

My workshop is downstairs with a few windows that allow in sights and sounds from the outdoors. I hear leaves rustling and smiled thinking the hens were 'working' around the foundation. I look up from pouring candles and see..... an Oppossum! It was high noon!

I scurried upstairs before the dogs discovered it and watched the creature stumble around trying to act casual. This got the attention of the chickens and roos of course. The oppossum managed to find his way into the chicken coop in my barn. Convenient. Locked him up and called AC to come and get him. They took him to a rehabber to check him out because they couldn't tell by looking at him if he was sick or groggy from coming our of hibernation.

Here he is waiting for his limo ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment