Saturday, February 5, 2011

Open up and say Aaaaawwww!

When a gift holiday would roll around, I would ask my daughter, Teagan, what she wanted most. Her answer never varied. She wanted a kitten of her very own. This went on for more than 2 years. Finally, the right kitten came along. thanks to my volunteer position at Animal Control I was able to preview kittens to find the right one for our family.

On Christmas morning 2010 the very last gift Teagan opened was her kitten. It was love at first sight for both of them. Here she they are giving hugs:

As kittens often do, she finds the coziest places to snooze. Here is Holly on a stack of blankets.


To show me just how exhausted she was from being so cute, she gave a big kitty yawn.

2 comments:

  1. Awww! She reminds me so much of Gab's first kitten, the late "Kitty Cat" (which of course is why he was named "Kitty Cat". Lesson learned, never let a 2 year old name your cat. LOL)

    So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL re: the name. IKWYM!

    She fits in to this menagerie so well. Even B, who tolerates them because of me, loves her.

    ReplyDelete