Sunday, March 29, 2009

For Molly

If you've read comments from the Popcorn post, this one will make sense.

Molly likes to tease me. Come to think of it, so does John. Darn it all, so does Mike. Since I am an eternal optimist, I like to believe they tease because they love. Or do they just love to tease? Whatever it is, I can dish it out too, so I'll shut up now.

As I busied myself with more research the other night, Bryan picked up one of my latest soaps. I heard, "Hey, you could make money on this. I'd sure buy it!" He was commenting on a favorite soap recipe, Oats and Apples. It is scented with Apple Slices, Cinnamon and French Vanilla fragrance oils. It smells, quite literally, good enough to eat. It has a couple more weeks to cure before he can enjoy it.

His reaction was a little strange to me. Normally Bryan teases as eagerly as my AAR team. I didn't know if I should take him seriously or not. I explained the soap-making process to him and showed him the other batches curing and his wheels started turning. He believes!
Now it's time to think about turning a life-long hobby into a business venture. Could be exciting actually using my biz degrees for myself. Who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment