Tuesday, March 24, 2009

As the poop turns - Volunteering again...

Most weeks are the same at Animal Control. It's especially nice now that I have figured out the late arrival no poop equation.

This week I met the most muscular Chihuahua in the world. Imagine a chihuahua, then imagine Arnold Schwartzenager's muscles on him. He even had a little toothy grin.

I was walking this little man when a dog-walker friend showed up. Immediately she phoned a friend about him. Happy news: He got a GREAT home today! My good deed for the day was accomplished.

On the other hand, one poor Pit named Tucker has been at AC since before I started. He's starting to lose it. Imagine being in stinky solitary for a few months. Poor guy. I took him out and let him into a run while my friend let her inmate in an adjoining run. They ran back and forth dozens of times repelling off of the fence to turn around. He kind of short-circuited. I know a few people like that. Too bad you can't save them all.



Hug your dogs. Make your day count.

Peace out.

1 comment:

  1. Poor dog ;-(

    I like your sign-off "Peace out". Your one step away from "Seacrest out"...."DeVaul out".

    ReplyDelete