Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Momentum...

Do you ever just feel like your ship came in, then left port with you still on the dock? You had this big plan and all of the energy in the world to start a project, then, well, fizzled out? How do you keep the momentum?

As mentioned in an earlier post I am a self-admitted soap-a-holic. I LOVE making soap. I get a feeling of immediate gratification as the mixture comes together into a lovely color and/or scent, then a longer lasting sense of accomplishment as the little lovelies continue to cure in my studio. It is a true test of patience not to jump into the shower with a newly cut bar, but I happen to like my skin without the itchies. (Yes, I did once try out a choco-mint a little to early...)

I hit a bump in the road recently as I wait for a few ingredients to arrive in the mail. While waiting I decided to build a new wood mold. Have you any idea how many styles, sizes and constructions there are to choose from... Do I want a log or a slab? If log, wide or tall? My head is reeling with the mental ping pong of indecision. So, doing what I do best when bored out of my mind, I just built another simple 4# log mold. I want to try it out, but am still waiting for ingredients.

So instead I sit and blog. And lurk other people's blogs. Like 20+ a day. Rather embarassing to admit, but it's real. Where's that mailman?

No comments:

Post a Comment