Thursday, March 12, 2009

Popcorn...

A very good friend of mine is often accused of being an idea freak. Every time you talk to him a new business idea is on his mind. We joke that his ideas are like popcorn - popping up all of the time.

To me this seems like it is a huge advantage. Think about it. For every successful idea there are dozens-if not hundreds-of failed ideas. The law of averages is on my friend's side.

Think of the billionaires in our time that have built and rebuilt wealth over and over during their lifetimes. T. Boone Pickens comes immediately to mind. Here this guy is 80 or so, has been flat broke several times and is still now a billionaire. What's our excuse?

My old teammates and friends are joking about me and my money making ideas now that I am no longer employed. Will it be soap, greeting cards, a restaurant, dog walking, horse training? Maybe a combination of all... Who knows. As long as it does not involve some bald-headed mindless boss it doesn't really matter, does it?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about opening up a restaurant where your dog or horse gets walked or trained while you eat then once their done, force them to wash their hands and charge them for the soap and once they leave, they write their experience on a greeting card. I have a name for the place, Gracie's Soap On A Plate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget about the birdhouses! I believe they were going to be made of some sort of old squash:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at least I know you all have been paying attention.

    Good memory Molly! The birdhouses are carved from Bottle Gourds. I actually just received the seeds from Riemer seeds last week. Tee Hee... Luffa, Swan, Bottle, Ground Cherries. C'mon spring!

    Who the heck ticked off Mother Nature anyway? What's going on with the Winter Wonderland out there at the end of MARCH?

    ReplyDelete