Friday, March 19, 2010

Tweeting - The Old Fashioned Way

I'm an old-fashioned girl at heart. Though technology has supported me and my family for the past few decades I have to face my country roots. "Tweeting" to me means birds. Actual birds.

Spring has officially arrived in Woodstock (just don't look out the window this weekend as the last snow of the season falls!). With Spring comes new life. We have officially doubled our laying hen flock. About a week and a half ago we added 3 Araucaunas, 2 Barred Rocks and One Rhode Island Red. This past Week we added 2 Buff Orpingtons and 2 more Araucaunas. It amazes me how fast these little buggers grow! The first bunch is more than double the size of the group we got only a week later! How is that possible?

My little girls are spending the rest of the cold days in a protected area in my second office. Even though that office is nowhere near a window, I hear tweeting non-stop. It makes my heart smile.

1 comment:

  1. OMG. I am having a cute attack over here. Love love love that photo. And it's the perfect thing for me to see right before bed. =) I'll have sweet, chirpy, tweety dreams.

    ReplyDelete