Saturday, March 27, 2010

My 4 minutes and 15 seconds of fame.

This past week was a whirlwind of Sweet Teagan's activity. We were invited to be interviewed for a live segment on WREX TV13 out of Rockford. I had little (OK NO IDEA) what the angle of the interview would be, but was able to think fast on my feet at 6:20 am and not embarrass myself too much.

Strangely, the interviewer didn't see the point of an interview about soap prior to my arrival. I set up the most colorful soaps with a few full soap logs, a few scrubs in little stacks, a basket of bath bombs and one of lotions. The set started to smell like a soap store. The cameras started to roll and the interviewer picked up a few soaps to sniff while speaking. Once she opened the Peppermint Eucalyptus and gave a nice long sniff she became a believer. She called over the weather girl and they both oohh's and aaah'd until the end of the segment.

I was asked to not leave until after the show ended because everyone wanted to shop. OK. No problem. While they rifled through the 50 or so types I brought along I was invited to be a vendor at the Stateline Splendor Bridal Expo in 2 weeks. Eeeek. I was gearing up for the annual Garden Fair and had not planned for a Bridal Expo! What a great day!

I will be embedding the interview on the web store.

No comments:

Post a Comment