Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Can I please stop hibernating now?

Every time I let Mother Nature convince me it's time to shed the layers, she springs more cold dampness upon us. Instantly, like magic, I begin to hibernate. For me that means cooking and baking. And eating. Bryan kinda likes the cold weather now - it's the only time he gets a hot home cooked meal!

The menu last night was a basic roasted chicken with fingerling potatoes, celery, carrots and onion. Fresh buttermilk biscuits topped with French butter were pretty darn good.

All of that was just a formality that allowed me to eat cupcakes in the open. We made PB&J cupcakes. Sounds gross at first, right? I thought so too. Then I started making them. Peanutty goodness (not for you my friend Mike...) After baking the basic cupcake they got an injection of jam, then were topped off with peanut butter frosting. What's not to love?

Here's the recipe I used: PBJ Cupcakes


The only change I made was to use convection bake at a slightly lower temp. I need to shorten the baking time more since they came out a little less moist than I would usually like.

Next time I'll probably spoon in the jelly before baking. Squirting it in afterward was a messy PITA. Teagan had a marvelous idea: add chocolate chips. What a kid!

Well, I should go now. I have a few cupcakes to conquer.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm PB&J..... If you make it, I'll make the sacrifice for our friend Mike and let him know how good it is.

    ReplyDelete